FIRE AND LIFE SAFETY
Fire and life safety involves numerous safety issues including fire prevention, fire suppression, emergency evacuation and response and fire awareness. EHS/RM is committed to providing a safe environment for building occupants and emergency response personnel.
Manuals / Publications / Guides
Fire Facts and Basics
Actions you can take to prevent fires and promote fire safety:
- Always know two ways out. Whenever you are at home, in your residence hall, a restaurant, a movie, a party, simply note the location of the exits.
- After a gathering, check the cushions to make certain that there aren't any smoldering cigarettes waiting to break out into a fire during the night
- Always evacuate for a fire alarm. Fire spreads quickly, never hesitate to leave.
- Call 911 from a campus phone, or 229-2121 from a cell phone, to report a fire after you leave the building.
- Do not disable a smoke alarm - it can not save your life if it can't do its job.
Last Updated on Friday, 11 January 2013 17:25