Stamps from Luxembourg

Founded in 963, Luxembourg became a grand duchy in 1815 and an independent state under the Netherlands. It lost more than half of its territory to Belgium in 1839 but gained a larger measure of autonomy. Full independence was attained in 1867. Overrun by Germany in both world wars, it ended its neutrality in 1948 when it entered into the Benelux Customs Union and when it joined NATO the following year. In 1957, Luxembourg became one of the six founding countries of the European Economic Community (later the European Union), and in 1999 it joined the euro currency area.

CIA—The World Factbook

Luxembourg began printing their stamps in 1852. Printing of Mary stamps began in 1845.

 

Map of Luxembourg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

To view more information about a certain stamp, click on that stamp.
Pour lire les informations sur un timbre, appuyez sur ce timbre.

1940s

Statue Carried in Procession

Statue of Our Lady "Patrona Civitatis"


Our Lady of Luxemburg

Cathedral Façade

Altar with the statue of Madonna

Our Lady Luxemburg
 
1960s

Holy Family—Flight into Egypt

Black Virgin

St. Anne, Patron
of Tailors, and Mary

Our Lady of Luxemburg
1970s

Nativity

Virgin and Child

Madonna and Child

Mary Meeting Elizabeth

Virgin and Child with a King

Virgin and Child—Seal of Convent of Merienthal

Annunciation


Visitation

Adoration of the Kings

Presentation at the Temple

Virgin and Child with St. Anne

Our Lady of Luxemburg—Patroness—300th Anniversary

Nativity

1980s

Madonna and Child

Nativity

Adoration of the Shepherds

Nativity

Nativity

Adoration of the Magi

Annunciation

Nativity

Adoration of the Magi

Flight into Egypt

Annunciation

Visitation

Adoration of the Magi

Presentation in the Temple

Flight into Egypt

Adoration of the Magi

Madonna and Child

Pentecost
   
1990s

Nativity

Nativity

Nativity

 
Return to Mary on Stamps
Retour a Timbres Mariales

 

Return to The Mary Page

This page, maintained by The Marian Library/International Marian Research Institute, Dayton, Ohio 45469-1390, and created by Ann Zlotnik , was last modified Thursday, 09/27/2012 13:38:36 EDT by Ann Zlotnik . Please send any comments to jroten1@udayton.edu.