IRELAND
   
Our Lady of Knock On August 21,1879 Mary appeared at the south gable of the wall of the village chapel. The vision lasted two hours and was seen by fifteen people. According to their description, Our Lady was clothed in white garments and wore a large crown on her head. On her right side was St. Joseph and on her left stood St. John the Evangelist. To the left of St. John was an altar on which stood a cross and a lamb about eight weeks old. No words were spoken during the apparition.
Our Lady of LimerickA statue of Mary and her Child made in Flanders about 1622 and given to the Rosary Confraternity of Limerick. Since 1816 it has been housed in the Dominican church in Limerick, and it was crowned in 1954.
 
Return to Marian National Patronages