Our Lady of the Cape (Notre Dame du Cap)A chapel dating from 1714 with a miraculous statue of Our Lady crowned by papal delegates in 1904 and1954 has become for many pilgrims an oasis of peace. [Far left image-Front Door of Basilica]
Saint Mary of the HuronsOriginally built in 1639 by Jerome Lalemant, S.J. as a shrine for the Huron Indians. It was destroyed in 1649 by the Iroquois and rebuilt in 1925 to honor the martyrs John de Brebeuf and Gabriel Lalement.
Return to Marian National Patronages