The following texts from scripture are used as support in Ineffabilis Deus, though none of these are explicit proof of the doctrine:
- Gen 3:15 – Protoevangelium: Mary, the New Eve.
- Gen 6:8-8:8 – Mary as figure of the Ark of the Covenant
- Gen 28:12 – Jacob's Ladder
- Ex 3:2,3 – Burning Bush
- Ex 31:1-11 – Temple filled with Glory
- Song of Songs 4:4 – Fortified Lover
- Song of Songs 4:12 – Closed Garden
- Psalm 87:1+3 – Heavenly Jerusalem
- 1Kgs 8, 10, 11 – Temple filled with Glory
- Prvbs 8: 22-36 – Temple of His Delight
- Sirach 24: 1-22 – Wisdom personified
- Lk 1: 28 – The Annunciation.
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord, my spirit rejoices in God my Savior; for He has looked with favor on His lowly servant. From this day all generations shall call me blessed. The Almighty has done great things for me, and holy is His Name He has mercy on those who fear Him in every generation. He has shown the strength of His arm, He has scattered the proud in their conceit. He has cast down the mighty from their thrones, and has lifted up the lowly. He has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich He has sent away empty. (Lk 1:46—55)